As my kids get older, they're reaching the terrifying stage of life where they 1) don't always (ever?) listen to mom and dad and follow the rules; 2) are curious about everything around them; and 3) can reach things that were previously out of reach. Daniel and I try to be vigilant about protecting the kids, but we know that accidents probably will happen in the future.
One of the more common types of accidents for kids is burn/scald injury, so I was really glad to recently learn about a product called Burn Cream MD. It was created by a dermatologist who worked in her family's kitchen and saw lots of burns first hand. Dr. Madfes went on after that experience to specialize in wound healing and scar minimization, and she developed Burn Cream MD. The product was even extensively tested in kitchens of some famous chefs- both Emeril Lagasse and Mario Batali have endorsed this cream.
Burn Cream MD can be used on those 2 years of age and up. According to the Burn Cream MD website, it contains a blend of patented analgesics and moisturizers to provide immediate pain relief, speed healing and promote less scarring. It also contains Vitamin E, Arnica Montana flower extract, Chamomille flower extract, and aloe.
I did receive two sample packets of Burn Cream MD for myself, but have (fortunately/unfortunately?) not burned myself and my kids have stayed away from hot items too! As soon as we have cause to use try it out, I will post a review.
You can buy this product in a box of 10 travel sachets for 17.99 or in a pump bottle for 29.99.
But for now I have a giveaway for you guys! (US mailing addresses only, please!) One of you will get to win a box of Burn Cream MD to-go. This box contains 10 sachets that you can tuck into your purse or diaper bag, or spread throughout different rooms in your house, so you're ready when you need to act fast!
Mandatory entry (must be done first for extra entries to count):
What's one thing you do to keep your family safe at home?
Extra entries (please leave a separate comment for each):
1. Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect
2. Put my button up on your blog- let me know where to find it!3. Follow me on Twitter and tweet "@gabreviews is hosting a giveaway for Burn Cream MD! http://bit.ly/bLi2L2 #giveaway"
You can tweet this once per day. Leave a separate comment every time you enter and please let me know what your twitter name is.
4. 5 extra entries (please leave 5 separate comments!) Blog about this giveaway with links to this post.
5. Become a fan of Growing a Baby Reviews on Facebook
6. Become a fan of Burn Cream MD on Facebook
7. Enter any of my other giveaways listed over on the right side of this page (one extra entry per giveaway entered, leave a separate comment for each).
8. Enter any of the giveaways currently going on at LuvnLife (one extra entry per giveaway entered, leave a separate comment for each).
Giveaway will close at 9 PM Pacific time on April 13, 2010. I'll choose a winner with random.org and will email that person who will have 48 hours to respond. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received a sample of this product, but was not compensated in any other way, other than the chance to host this giveaway. Opinions posted here are mine and mine alone, information received from the sponsor is labeled as such.