Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Help mothers and daughters impacted by breast cancer



I have been extremely fortunate thus far in my life to not be directly impacted by breast cancer, either in my own life or the lives of my female relatives.  However, I have seen it take its horrible toll on a few friends and many wonderful women at my church, and their experiences and their attitudes have been humbling to watch.

Today I found out about a project that's working to find a cure for breast cancer and also celebrate the bonds of mothers and daughters. The She Colors My Day project began when a mother name Annette was dying of breast cancer, and created a keepsake for her 4 daughters in the form of a CD of she and her daughters singing. This was later the inspiration for her friend, Cristina Carlino, founder of Project Miracle, to ignite the She Colors My Day movement.  This is a circle of caring that will benefit the Susan G. Komen for a Cure Foundation and the Entertainment Industry Foundation's/Women's Cancer Research Group biomarker project. 

To hear the story in Cristina's words, click here.  If you would like to get involved, there are a few simple things that you can do:
  • Color With Us- We can start by taking the first steps to coloring someone else's day through a platform we all know well- Facebook.  The She Colors My Day pink crayon is a Facebook application created to be shared with those we love. The pink crayon can be virtually passed around on Facebook so we can all help to create for a cure.
  • Sing Along- The "She Colors My Day" song co-written by Cristina Carlino and Stuart Mathis for Cristina's daughter has been recorded by multi-Grammy award winner, Amy Grant. Download the "She Colors My Day Song" and video and help to support this organization. A portion of net proceeds from the song supports the She Colors My Day project, benefiting Susan G. Komen for a Cure ® Foundation and the Entertainment Industry Foundation's/Women's Cancer Research Group.

    Disclosure: I received no compensation for this post, but may receive a t-shirt if I'm one of the first to post this information. Regardless, this sounds like a great cause and it was information I wanted you all to have.

0 comments: