Monday, April 19, 2010

I can't believe I'm actually trying to potty-train my son!

My husband and I looked at each other this morning, and then looked at our calendar and realized that this would be a good week to start trying to potty train our son. Then my husband left for work :)  We've been trying to introduce the idea of the potty to Ethan for months and he's been stubbornly resisting (as he does everything else). But lately he's showed some signs of readiness, so we're going cold turkey with the diapers today.  I think that's going to be the most effective method for us- just put him in underwear and he'll learn that he doesn't want to be wet... I hope....

If anyone has any suggestions or tips for making this easier, please, let me know!

3 comments:

Jennifer H said...

Good luck!! I'm going thru the same stage as you w/my son. He's kinda backwards though, he only tells us when he needs to go #2. It's been like this for a couple months so if you have any tips to get him to pee on the potty I'm all ears! :)

Chelle said...

Good luck hun! Isabella has been resisting, too...I'll be anxious to hear how it goes for you.

artsy_momma said...

I recently made a Potty Train for my toddler
http://craftsandartforchildren.blogspot.com/2010/04/potty-train-craft-all-aboard.html
When it reaches the end, he gets a prize... didn't want to do the bribing thing but this is such a cute idea! Good Luck!