Congrats to my winner: K
One of the things that I like best about kids' music is that it's so unpredictable. And fun. I like that too. This past weekend my family loaded up in the car and took a drive to an area a little bit outside of Seattle. Our soundtrack for the drive was a new CD that I had received to review- Tiny Cool by Princess Katie and Racer Steve.
We're still fairly new to the world of kids' music, so this duo was new to me. But it only took a few minutes for us all to be big fans. We ended up listening to the CD three times during our outing. We sort of swayed along during the first hearing, then dancing along and singing the next two times!
I made Daniel brainstorm adjectives with me for use in this review- we came up with fun, unusual, funny, creative, and fabulous! There are several skits interlaced with the songs on the CD- the last one, called "The Unenchanted Forest" had both Daniel and I laughing out loud. I liked the lyrics for the songs as well- some of them are just silly songs, such as "Sand in My Sandwich", but most of the songs celebrate kids and all the wonderfulness that is them. It's nice to listen to a CD that's so encouraging- this CD is "kid power" at its best.
Musically the CD is outstanding as well. Princess Katie has a wonderful singing voice, and Racer Steve is an amazing guitar player. They're backed up by a horn and string section- and it all comes together to make some great music.
Tiny Cool is out now and you can purchase it at www.princessracer.com or at cdbaby.com or local specialty toy and bookstores.
But I have some great news! One of you will win a copy of this fabulous CD! Giveaway open to both US and Canadian mailing addresses.
Mandatory entry (must be done first for extra entries to count):
Visit the Princess Katie and Racer Steve website and comment here with some information that I didn't mention in this review!
Extra entries (please leave a separate comment for each):
1. Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect
2. Put my button up on your blog- let me know where to find it!
3. Follow me on Twitter and tweet "@gabreviews is giving away a Princess Katie and Racer Steve CD! @kidsrockmusic http://bit.ly/caHlmv #giveaway"
You can tweet this once per day. Leave a separate comment every time you enter and please let me know what your twitter name is.
4. For 5 extra entries, blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post. Please leave 5 separate comments and let me know where I can find your post!
5. Enter any of my other giveaways (one extra entry per giveaway entered, leave a separate comment for each)
6. Enter any of the giveaways currently going on at LuvnLife (one extra entry per giveaway entered, leave a separate comment for each).
7. Follow me with Networked Blogs! Link over on the right side of this page.
Giveaway will close at 9 PM Pacific time on May 4, 2010. I'll choose winners with random.org and will email those people who will have 48 hours to respond. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this CD to listen to and review for myself. I was not compensated in any other way and all opinions posted here are mine and mine alone.