Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Need 3rd birthday gift ideas, please!

So, my son will be turning 3 in a matter of a week and a half. That's really hard for me to comprehend... he grew up SO fast!

Anyway, I am running out of time and am low on inspiration for what to buy for him for his birthday. In general we try to stick with small items, since we don't have much storage space.  Books are always great, anyone have a favorite kids' book to recommend? He has lots, but we can always use more books!  Also, he loves trains and things of that nature.  We don't need any more stuffed animals, and outdoor stuff like bikes aren't really practical, since we rarely go outside and already have a few.

Okay, with those parameters, any good ideas? Help!

6 comments:

Shana said...

I have no clue lol. My son will be three on Aug 9 and I am just as lost.

ReggieMann said...

My niece turned 3 on July 8th. One of her favorites seems to be the Leap Frog Zippity. It is like a Wii for preschoolers ages 3 & up. She loves it :)

debbie said...

I like to start introducing the pretend play. Medical kits, pretend food, play kitchens, pretend tools, anything they can start to imagine things with.

Hippie4ever said...

Target has some Thomas train and CIRCO 75% off, also Matchbox sets (large cars and trucks), Leapster and some pretend sets (food, tools). Phonics is also 75% off at the Phonic website. I think Blocks, large chunky ones would be a great gift but they may be a problem to store...

Debbie Stanton said...

my son turned 3 in January... what he plays with the most is his little race cars and monster trucks... also the Automoblox minis. We play the HoneyBee game and a memory game quite a bit, too.

Ashley said...

I've been really wanting to get my kids one of those Rody horses for awhile now. Have you seen them? It's a bouncy horse, pretty small so it doesn't take up much space but kids seem to love sitting on it and bouncing around. It's also mod-looking and cute so it will look decent in your living room. :) I will probably get one for Kirsten for Christmas this year!