Congrats to my winners: TracePoo; heartnsoulcooking; Lynn; Natalie A.; Katy
It's been a busy summer so far, and the one thing that's definitely been getting passed over is time spent with friends. So I was thrilled to have the opportunity to invite a bunch of friends over this weekend to enjoy a Dole Frozen Fruit smoothie party. We had such a blast!
Dole set me up with everything I needed- cups, straws, fruit, music, party favors, you name it, they sent it. Here's my house- getting ready for our friends to arrive:
The cute cups all set up and ready to be filled with smoothies!
My freezer, STUFFED, full of Dole Frozen Fruit
Because it's my blog, and I can post random cute pictures of my kids... a picture of my daughter, ready to party!
We were impressed by the variety in our options for the Dole Frozen Fruit. We received bags of mixed berries, mango chunks, sliced peaches, strawberries, marion blackberries, blueberries, dark sweet cherries, and pineapple chunks. Dole Frozen Fruit is also available in acai blueberry, raspberry, mixed fruit, and wild blueberries. Pretty much any fruit that your family loves, you can now get frozen from Dole. What a wonderful way to get fruit into your diet year-round!
After our friends arrived, Daniel spent the next two hours making smoothies pretty much non-stop. Since we had so many options, we let our friends choose their fruit, then we added their choice of flavor of ice cream, threw in a splash of liquid and blended. It was easy and fun and everyone thought the smoothies were delicious. Particularly our kids- we had to keep fighting off the little ones to get to drink our own smoothies! I'm a big fan of peaches, so my favorite smoothie was one with frozen peaches and a bit of orange sherbet. But we ended up using almost all of the fruit that we were sent, so all the other varieties were equally popular with our friends!
Daniel blending, blending, blending
My kids drink my smoothie
One of my friends relaxing with her drink
You can do so many other things with the Dole Frozen Fruit. The Dole website has lots of recipes if you need some inspiration. We were impressed with all the varieties that we tasted- the fruit tasted great and it was easy to use, both straight from the freezer and defrosted. Check for Dole Frozen Fruit at your local grocery store- you might not be able to find it yet, but it will be showing up in more stores soon, so keep checking! Here's some information about Dole Frozen Fruit to inspire you to look for it near you!
DOLE FROZEN FRUIT TIPS
· Using DOLE Frozen Fruit is a more economical way to cook since you can use a little and save the rest for later, ensuring nothing goes to waste!
· DOLE Frozen Fruit is more uniform in size and flavor, which optimizes recipe outcomes.
· DOLE Frozen Fruit is ideal for toppings, baking, fruit salads or simply as a healthy snack.
· DOLE Wildly Nutritious Heart Healthy Mixed Fruit is a colorful mix of pineapple, strawberries, peaches, honeydew and mangoes.
· DOLE Wildly Nutritious Immunity Blend - Tropical Fruit is a delicious mix of pineapple, mango, golden kiwi, papaya and strawberries.
· DOLE Wildly Nutritious Antioxidant Blend is a nutritious mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Each serving of DOLE Wildly Nutritious Antioxidant Blend provides double the industry standard of effective antioxidant activity.
Good news- I have coupons for Dole Frozen Fruit to share with 5 lucky readers! US mailing addresses only, please.
Mandatory entry (must be done for extra entries to count):
Visit the Dole website and let me know what your favorite product is, or what you'd most like to try.
Extra entries (please leave a separate entry for each):1. Follow my blog on Google Friend Connect
2. Put my button up on your blog and let me know where to find it!
3. Follow me on twitter and tweet this: @gabreviews is giving away coupons for frozen fruit from @dolenutrition to 5 lucky readers! Visit http://bit.ly/9yhEUz to enter! #giveaway
Can be done daily, please leave me a separate comment with link to your tweet each time.
4. Enter any of my other currently ongoing giveaways.
5. Subscribe to my blog via email. Sign-up on the right side of this page.
Giveaway will close at 9PM Pacific time on August 9, 2010. I'll choose my winners with random.org and will email those people who will have 48 hours to get back to me. Good luck!
Disclosure: I was provided with my party supplies and Dole Frozen Fruit so that I could review them for myself. I was not compensated in any other way, and all opinions posted here are mine and mine alone.