I've become pretty insistent about handwashing, but a sink isn't always around when I need one. So I am a big fan of hand sanitizers and I was glad when, thanks to MomSelect, I got to try out a new one, called Outlast. Here's some information on Outlast, from a press release I received:
- While some germs can live on surfaces for more than 2 hours, most alcohol-based hand sanitizers only work for 2 minutes.
- The neat thing about OutLastTM Long-Lasting Hand Sanitizer is that it works for up to 6 hours. Leading hand sanitizers only last two minutes.
- OutLastTM Long-Lasting Hand Sanitizer is alcohol-based, so it kills 99.99% of germs instantly.
- OutLastTM Long-Lasting Hand Sanitizer has a patented formula developed by researchers at Columbia University Medical School.
- Surgeons and other healthcare professionals have used the OutLastTM Long-Lasting Hand Sanitizer formula in hospitals for years.
- You might think that a hand sanitizer used in hospitals may be rough on your kids’ hands, but OutLastTM Long-Lasting Hand Sanitizer has moisturizers and leaves hands feeling silky and not sticky.
- Other hand sanitizers may end up costing more in the long run because they only last 2 minutes.
- Healthcare specialists agree that hand washing is the single most effective way to prevent the transmission of disease. When soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
This hand sanitizer isn't foamy or thick like some of the others I've used, it's really more a liquid form. I thought that it was easy to use and easy to rub into my hands and Ethan's hands quickly. I liked how quickly this hand sanitizer dried on my hands- no residual stickiness or wetness to deal with. And it has almost no odor, so I didn't feel like I was walking around smelling like sanitizer. The only minor drawback that I saw for this product is that it is not to be used on kids under 2 years of age, so I still have to carry a separate hand sanitizer or hand wipe for Vivian.
Outlast can be purchased online at www.outlastgerms.com or by phone at 1-800-716-2420.
The other item that I received in this review package was a purse hanger from Clipa. I've seen these mentioned elsewhere and have been wanting one for a while, so was very excited to receive one! The Clipa looks like a nice metal bracelet, but it's actually designed to be useful, not just pretty! If you need to set your your purse or diaper bag down and can't find a handy place, just attach the Clipa to your bag's strap and hang the whole thing on the closest door or table or whatever is handy. No more putting your bag on a germy shopping cart or bathroom floor!
I went out with my Clipa the other day- wearing it around my wrist just like I would any other bracelet. And when I needed it, the Clipa was right there to hang my diaper bag and keep it off of the bathroom floor. After that I used the Clipa to hold a bag of groceries on my stroller handle. I thought it was easy to use and did a great job of holding my bags! The Clipa can hold up to 45 pounds. Clipas are available in a variety of colors, so I'm sure you can find one to fit your color scheme! Visit www.clipa.us for more information or to place an order.
Disclosure: I received these products from MomSelect to try out for myself and review here. I was not compensated in any other way and all opinions posted here are mine and mine alone.