Once we had decided that a rice cooker was what we needed, finding the perfect option was easy. CSN Stores makes it simple to search and organize your results. You can narrow down results by category, price, brand, rating, shipping time, or shipping country. Rather than going with a more standard rice cooker, I chose the VitaClay 2-in-1 Rice N' Slow Cooker. I'm a big fan of crockpot meals, but our slow cooker is huge and we always end up with way too much food. So I was interested in this device, since it can be used either as a rice cooker or a slow cooker. Hurray for multi-purpose appliances!
I loved that this device came with a small cookbook. Perfect for getting to know it better, before branching out to experiment with my own recipes. My first meal that I made with the VitaClay 2-in-1 was a Thai chicken curry with brown rice. The curry cooked up quickly and easily- I just threw everything in raw and a short time later had a yummy curry. As for the rice, I have never been good at any type of rice cooking, particularly brown rice. But this time my brown rice came out perfectly cooked, thanks to the brown rice setting on the cooker. Love it!
The only minor drawback about this cooker is that, since the interior cooking part is clay, it does get very hot to the touch and has to be handled with potholders. Also, I have to be sure to pay more attention to not doing drastic temperature shifts- no washing out my hot clay pot with cold water. But those are minor issues and I will get used to that soon, I'm sure. Overall, cooking in this device was easy and my results were great. Cleanup was also simple, which is another plus.
Here's some other information about the VitaClay 2-in-1 Rice N' Slow Cooker.
- Slow cooker
- Clay, stainless steel and plastic construction
- Totally programmable
- Free of added lead and teflon from non stick chemical glazes
- Requires less liquid, eliminating the need for heavy seasoning and fats
- Slow cooking breakthrough innovation up to 4 times faster to bring to a boil than conventional slow cookers, then slowly simmer to gourmet perfection, sealing in flavor and retaining texture
- 50% more cooking efficiency, using as much as 50% less energy
- Extra power to cook larger cuts of meat
- Programmable settings allow you to set it and go with delay timer and auto-warm up to 12 hours
- Slow cooking time can be programmed from 10 minutes to 5 hours with 10 minute increments
- It's easy to use, quick as a wink and saves energy by a half
- Pre-programmed for savory stews, delicious soups and porridge, white, sweet rice, and brown rice
- All natural pure clay captures fresher flavor and food texture , preserves natural juices, all essential nutrients and vitamins
- Makes up to 12 cup cooked rice or 3.2 quarts
- Includes rice paddle, measuring cup and free healthy cooking recipe booklet
- UL listed, FDA, CA Prop 65 and RoHS laboratory tested
- Manufacturer provides one year limited warranty
CSN Stores has many, many other rice cookers and slow cookers to choose from, as well as pretty much anything else that you need for yourself or your home. Take a look at all they have to offer! And remember that I'm giving away a $50 gift certificate to CSN Stores- giveaway ends tomorrow, 7/28, so go enter if you haven't already!
Disclosure: I received a gift certificate to CSN Stores so that I could choose an item to review for myself. I was not compensated in any other way and all opinions posted here are mine and mine alone.