Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm running my first 5K tomorrow!

I can't believe the big day is almost here! Tomorrow morning my family is going to load up in the car bright and early and drive to beautiful Snoqualmie for the Railroad Days 5K. Ethan (my 3-year-old) is running in the kids' fun run, with Daniel and Vivian running along with him.  I'll be running in the 5K! I'm a little nervous, as I have had to cut back on my training runs, thanks to shin splints in one leg, so my stamina is way down. Still, hoping for the best, and as long as I finish in some fashion, I'll be thrilled!

Then on Sunday Daniel and I get to go to the horse races and hang out at a VIP party afterwards, so we're excited about that too. 

So I should have lots of fun stories for you all on Monday. Hope you all have a great weekend too!

6 comments:

Ang said...

Have a Great Time!! I have done 3 5k's now. I remember my first one very well, But once you cross that finish line, Wow!! It is an amazing feeling.

Natalie A. said...

Good luck and have fun!

Busy Working Mama said...

Awesome! Good for you and let us know how it goes ;) I love running. I'm going to force my hubby for a nice jog to the playground tomorrow morning.

http://purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com/ said...

good luck!!! So proud of you!

The Elwells' Weekly said...

Have fun! :)

Kathleen said...

Good luck!