In the three years since my first child started on solid foods, we've tried a lot of brands. And there are many that we like, but a few top our "favorite' list. One of those brands that we love and that we return to again and again is HAPPYBABY. There are a lot of reasons why we keep buying HAPPYBABY- reasons like the fact that my kids love the taste and I love that the products are organic!
Recently, thanks to HAPPYBABY and the Family Review Network, I had the chance to pick up some HAPPYBABY products for the kids. So off to Target we drove, and, after some decision making, into our cart went some HAPPYPUFFS (in the banana flavor), a package of HAPPYMELTS (in the mixed berry flavor), and several pouches of HAPPYTOT.
Here's a bit about the HAPPYPUFFS, from the HAPPYBABY website:
• 1/2 the sugar as the leading brands (Gerber and Beech-Nut each contain 1g sugar)As with other puffs, these make a great finger food for even really little ones, since they're easy to pick up and melt in the baby/child's mouth. They're available in a variety of flavors including greens, apple, banana, strawberry and sweet potato. My kids are past the baby stage, but they still love to snack on HAPPYPUFFS. Here they are, heading out for a walk with lots of puffs in hand!
• good source of Iron, Vitamin D, Calcium, and B Vitamins
• made with whole grains
Another favorite of my kids are the HAPPYMELTS. Here's a bit about those, from their website:
• For babies and toddlersThe HAPPYMELTS are freeze-dried organic yogurt/fruit snacks. Again, a huge favorite with my kids because they're yummy and with me because it's an easy way to get yogurt and fruit into my kids diet! You can get HAPPYMELTS in a number of flavors including mixed berry, strawberry, and banana mango.
• GLUTEN FREE
• No Preservatives
• Pre and Probiotics for digestive health
• Melts in baby's mouth
The other item that I picked up on our last shopping trip is one that always finds its way into my cart whenever I see it in the store- the HAPPYTOT pouch meals. I'm a huge fan of pouch applesauce/fruit/veggies for my kids. It's so mess-free and easy to transport and kid-friendly. HAPPYTOT is a favorite of mine in the pouch food category because, unlike the other brands that we buy and eat, it contains Salba, a super-grain. So in addition to the fruits and veggies, my kids are getting a little extra nutritional bonus! Here's a bit about Salba, from the HAPPYTOT website:
Exclusive to HAPPYBABY, Salba® THE Super Grain: nature's most nutritious grain, is the best whole food source of Omega 3's and fiber. Salba® is high in protein, fiber, and antioxidents. A great source of vitamins and minerals, it is also certified Non-GMO, Vegan, Kosher, and Gluten-Free.HAPPYTOT pouches come in six flavor combinations including: green beans, pears and peas; sweet potato, apple, carrot and cinnamon; banana, mango and peach; apple and butternut squash; banana, peach, prunes and coconut; and spinach, mango and pear. We've tried almost all of these flavors and my kids have liked them all- even the spinach one! You can also get HAPPYBABY pouches for younger babies as well, in simpler flavors.
Later we took a trip to Whole Foods to pick up one more HAPPYBABY product- a box of HAPPYBABY Frozen.
Each box has 12 individual cubes of baby food, so there is no waste and no heating in plastic. Just pop out what you need, heat and enjoy. We created optimally nourishing recipes with Dr. Sears, select the best organic ingredients, steam, puree, and flash freeze to lock in the taste, texture and color of real fresh foods, so you don't have to!
Try our 8 different packages of 15 delicious varieties, including meat, grains, fruit and vegetables in three stages for developing eaters.
We picked up the Baby Dhal + Mama Grain (9+ months) to try out. The Baby Dhal is red lentils and vegetables, while the Mama Grain is bananas, black beans and quinoa. As advertised, it was easy to remove and heat up individual portions of the food. I actually tried both of the foods in our box and thought they both tasted great- way better than other baby food I've sampled! My kids liked the Mama Grain a bit better than Baby Dhal, since they both have a pretty big sweet tooth, but they (my daughter in particular) ate both without complaining. I look forward to trying out the other varieties with my kids in the future!
HAPPYBABY has many other products other than the ones I discussed here, including other frozen food, other meals and snack options, as well as apparel, books, DVDs and more! To find products near you, you can visit this link for more information. And be sure to check out the Generation Happy pledge on the HAPPYBABY Facebook page- it's all about raising today's babies to become tomorrow's smart, health-conscious movers and shakers who deserve a life of health and happiness.
And I have good news for you guys- one of you will win two free product coupons, one for HAPPYBABY Puffs and one for HAPPYMUNCHIES! Open to US mailing addresses only, please.
Mandatory entry (must be done for extra entries to count):
Let me know why you want to win!
Bonus entries (please leave a separate comment for each one that you do):
1. Follow me publicly with Google Friend Connect
2. "Like" me on Facebook
3. Follow me on Twitter and tweet this: @gabreviews is giving away two free product coupons for HAPPYBABY foods! @happybabyfood http://bit.ly/iDG6rx #giveaway
You can tweet this once per day- just leave a separate comment with link each time that you tweet.
4. Follow HAPPYBABY Food on Twitter
5. "Like" the HAPPYBABY Facebook page
6. Enter any of my other currently ongoing giveaways- leave a separate comment for each one that you enter!
7. Put my button (code on the right side of this page) up on your blog and let me know where I can find it!
Giveaway will close at 9 PM on May 10, 2011. I'll choose a winner with random.org and will email that person who will then have 48 hours to respond. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received coupons for some of the products discussed above from HAPPYBABY, through the Family Review Network. I was not compensated in any other way and all opinions posted here are mine and mine alone.