Congrats to my winner: debbieI recently had the opportunity to review a fun little book called Men: 10 Essential Skills- The Professional's Guide. Here's a bit about the book, from the author's website:
There's a lot of information in this book, but it's all well presented with simple instructions and tips. At just over 100 pages, 10 Essential Skills is a quick read, but you will definitely feel educated once you've finished! I especially liked the movie suggestions that went along with each chapter. Personally, my favorite chapter was "Keep the Girl", since it's full of tips on how to spoil your wife. My husband is fabulous, but a little extra motivation to bring me flowers or buy me jewelry never hurts! I think this would be a fun gift idea for any man in your life. For more information about this book, visit this link.
Picture this: a cool summer night, six guys sitting around a campfire, puffing on cigars, sharing a few bottles of fine Bordeaux, and telling stories of glory days gone by. After sharing dozens of stories (many of which we probably heard before), someone would always bring up “The list”—the skills that men can not survive without. We agreed on most of the skills and fiercely debated the others, without ever reaching unanimity. Does this scene sound familiar? The book’s foundation are my memories of family reunions filled with laughter and camaraderie. It is about the skills I relied on as I progressed through the various stages in my life.
As you read, you will agree with some of the skills, debate others, and possibly wonder why one of your favorite skills was not included. That is okay. The purpose is for you to enjoy the experience of learning these essential skills to shape your life in a positive way. Finally, as an avid movie lover, which I acquired from my father, I end each chapter with a few of my favorite movies that correspond to the respective skill. Some you will recognize and others you might never have heard of. For the movies you haven’t yet watched, go ahead and rent them. You will see why I chose them. Enjoy!
The Skills and Pros1. Tie a Tie (Bow Tie Included) By RVR, Founder, RVR Neckwear
2. Swing a Golf Club By Josh Williams, PGA Pro,The Savannah Golf Club
3. Play Poker By Bill Burton, Author, 1000 Best Casino Secrets
4. Light and Smoke a Cigar By Frank Seltzer, Contributing Writer, Cigar Weekly
5. Drive a Stick Shift By Michel Issa, Dealer Principal, Newton Porsche
6. Propose a Toast By Fred Rivera, Founder, Stand Out Speaking
7. Catch a Wave By Elliott Zuckerman, Founder, Surf2Live Surf School
8. Order and Taste Wine By Kurt Gunkel, Sales Representative, Masciarelli Wine Company
9. Mix a James Bond Martini By Tommy Rowles, Famed 50-year bartender at Bemelmans Bar Carlyle Hotel
10. Keep the Girl by RVR
Good news- one of you will win a copy of this book! Open to US mailing addresses only, please .
Mandatory entry (must be done for extra entries to count):
Let me know who you want to win this for!
Extra entries (please leave a separate comment for each one that you do):
1. Follow me publicly with Google Friend Connect (please make sure your blogger profile is visible so that I can verify this)
2. "Like" me on Facebook
3. Follow me on Twitter and tweet this: @gabreviews is giving away a copy of a great gift book-Men: 10 Essential Skills. http://bit.ly/lF3yrU #giveaway
You can tweet this once per day- just leave a separate comment with link each time that you tweet.
4. Enter any of my other currently ongoing giveaways- leave a separate comment for each one that you enter!
5. Put my button (code on the right side of this page) up on your blog and let me know where I can find it!
6. Subscribe to my blog via email (sign up on the right side of this page)
Giveaway will close at 9PM Pacific time on August 2, 2011. I'll choose a winner with random.org and will email that person who will then have 48 hours to respond. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book to review for myself. I was not compensated in any other way and all opinions posted here are mine and mine alone.