GIVEAWAY END DATE CHANGED ON 9/2
My kids have a new favorite activity- sitting and looking at photos of themselves. I often walk into the living room to find them surrounded by piles of photo albums and scrapbooks and photo books. I love telling them about the pictures and admiring how cute they always are in the pictures. So, we're always happy to have the chance to receive another photo book, and recently I got that opportunity from Shutterfly.
I've made a lot of photos books over the past few years, with varying degrees of success and effort. In my opinion, Shutterfly has the most user-friendly system for making photo books, as compared to the other sites that I've tried. For your photo book, you have a choice of sizes and of hard cover or soft cover. You also have two choices of method for making the photo book- custom path or simple path. Here's the scoop on these:
- Add, move and resize pictures and text anywhere
- Extensive collection of new backgrounds, layouts & embellishments
- 1-25 pictures per page (up to 1000 pictures)
- Five sizes starting From $12.99
Since my children were using me as a climbing structure while I was making my photo book, I opted to go with the fast and easy method of the simple path. And it really was simple. I just chose the photos I wanted to include, chose a theme and pressed a button, and the computer did the rest. I did rearrange a number of photos and moved some to different pages, but even that part of the process was very simple. In less than 30 minutes I had a nice, 20-page photo book put together and ordered.
- Pictures arranged for you. Then easily rearrange or add captions
- More than 20 styles with preset backgrounds and layouts
- 1-4 pictures per page (up to 400 pictures)
- Five sizes starting From $12.99
The only minor complaint that I had was that it was difficult to preview the book in a large enough fashion for me to really check my captions, but this was just a minor issue, compared to all the pluses that this site offered. My book arrived just a few days after placing my order, packaged securely in a box. I was very impressed by the quality of the book- all the colors are bright, the pictures look great and the text is nice. For a book that I spent so little time making, the end result was very impressive! If you're in the market for a photo book, I'd definitely recommend checking out Shutterfly.
Shutterfly is a great place for all things related to photos, whether you're wanting to put together photo books for the grandparents, buy Christmas cards, or get ready for your child's birthday party with some cute birthday invitations. Shutterfly is also a great place to shop for photo prints, home decor items or a personalized photo gift.
And I have great news- I'm giving away TEN codes for a free photo book! Open to everyone (there are a few countries that Shutterfly doesn't ship to, for that list click here).
Mandatory entry (must be done for extra entries to count):
What would you put in your photo book?
Extra entries (please leave a separate comment for each one that you do):
1. Follow my blog publicly with Google Friend Connect
2. "Like" me on Facebook (let me know your user first name and last initial)
3. Follow me on Twitter and tweet this: @gabreviews is giving away 10 free photo books from Shutterfly (@shutterfly)! Visit http://bit.ly/pwqhpC to enter #giveaway
You can tweet this once per day- just leave a separate comment with link each time that you tweet.
4. Follow Shutterfly on Twitter
5. Subscribe to my blog via email (sign up on the right side of this page)
6. Enter any of my other currently ongoing giveaways- leave a separate comment for each one that you enter!
7. Put my button (code on the right side of this page) up on your blog and let me know where I can find it!
Giveaway will close at 9 PM Pacific time on September 7, 2011. I'll choose winners with random.org and will email those people who will then have 48 hours to respond. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received a free photo book for myself, as well as the opportunity to give away 10 to my lucky winners. I was not compensated in any other way and all opinions posted here are mine and mine alone.