Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Review: Scratch Coding Cards- Creative Coding Activities for Kids

*Disclosure: I received this product to review for myself. I was not compensated in any other way and all opinions posted here are mine and mine alone.

Have you heard of Scratch? My introduction to it came at the beginning of this past school year, when my 9-year-old son signed up for a kids' coding class. They were using the free Scratch programs developed by the MIT Media Lab, and I was so impressed at how quickly my son and the other kids in his class were quickly writing programs for games.



Ethan loves keeping up with his Scratch coding at home with his dad, so I was happy to get to review a special set of Scratch Coding Cards that are designed to help him keep up with the learning! These cards have a variety of activities and teach, with simple and easy-to-follow instructions, how to make games, stories, music and animation! There are pictures of the final creations, so it's easy to tell if you've done it right.

If you've been thinking about introducing your kids to the world of coding, either at home or in a group environment, these cards are the perfect way to do it!

0 comments: