Monday, January 23, 2017

Seattle Children's Theatre presents: The Snowy Day and Other Stories! (Go see it!)

*Disclosure- I received admission to this show for my daughter and myself. All opinions posted here are mine and mine alone.

My kids and I have been attending shows at Seattle Children's Theatre pretty regularly now for a couple of years. And with a couple of exceptions, we've adored the shows that we've seen. So it's a hard thing to rank as one of our favorite shows ever, but The Snowy Day managed to do just that. Here's a bit about this show, from the SCT website:

Oh, the magic of a snowy day! Follow Peter and his friends as they romp and play, starting snow ball fights and making snow angels in this imaginative ode to childhood joys and the challenges of growing up. Packed with humor and fun, this production uses wonderfully innovative shadow puppetry and live action to celebrate Keats’ treasured characters.
An adaptation of Whistle for WillieGoggles!A Letter to Amy, and groundbreaking Caldecott Winner The Snowy Day, this uplifting story collection encourage us to play and live life to the fullest each day.

I have to admit, I've somehow lived almost 40 years on this planet without reading the book that this show is based on, but that did not hurt my enjoyment of the show. The combination of live theater and puppetry is just fantastic and it really brought the characters to life. I was a little worried about how my daughter would like the show, as we were attending on Friday night at the end of a long week and she wasn't feeling 100%, but she perked up and laughed and clapped and had a great time. There is plenty of humor in the show to keep everyone amused and the acting and staging is just fantastic. SCT puts on great shows and this is one of our new favorites. Go see it!!

0 comments: